Swesomm Junior Challenge
The Swesomm team hosts a yearly Junior Championship founded in 2021 to introduce more young sommeliers into the world of competing. It’s also a way of training the next generation of sommeliers in Sweden. The winner of the competition is given a place within the Swesomm team and will receive coaching by other members.
About the competition
The Swesomm Junior Challenge is a competitions for young sommeliers starting their career in wine. The competition is held in English and will follow the same procedures as international sommelier competitions do, but at a level for beginners.
1. Quarter final made up by an online theory test at home.
2. Semi final in Stockholm with both theory, tasting and practical tests.
3. Final in Stockholm held in the same day as the semi final with the top three contestants.
The winner of the Swesomm Junior Challenge is given a spot within the Swesomm team and will receive coaching by other members to continue their learning and their path within sommellerie.
Contestants must be:
– 30 years or younger at the time of the final of the competition
– Current sommelier student or having newly graduated from a sommelier education within the last two years at the time of the final of the competition
– Currently working in the restaurant business or aspire to in the future, since this is a requirement in international competitions further on
– Current members of the Swesomm team may not compete i the Junior Challenge
For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter the Competition
Are you 31 years old or over, or did you finish your sommelier education more than two years ago? You can still enter the quarter final as a guest competitior to see how a competition is built and to push your boundries. You will however not be able to advance to the semi-final. It’s a great opportunity to see into the world of competing before entering other competitions.